DGL, generically known as deglycyrrhizinated licorice, is a licorice root that contains biologically active flavonoids. The deglycyrrhized of licorice supports flavonoids to build a healthy mucosal barrier among the stomach and also intestine. It also promotes bacterial balance and also protects the renewal of intestinal walls among patients facing gastrointestinal problems.
Gastrointestinal tracts are in charge of digesting food. Stomach, intestine, and other vital organs like pancreas, liver, and also kidney sum up to make a digestive system. This system is responsible for the digestion and also breakdown of food. The whole process is done in the presence of various hormones. If this hormonal balance gets disturbed, digestion problems start. Here DGL comes to aid. In addition to deglycyrrhizinated licorice, it also contains aloe Vera, marshmallow roots, and also slippery elm barks. These all collectively contribute to soothing gastrointestinal problems.
Benefits of dgl:
- This product is highly useful to maintain the mucosal surface of the intestinal lining.
- It soothes the stomach.
- This product maintains the acidic balance in gastrointestinal tracts.
- It promotes the health of esophageal lining too.
- This product aids in creating hormonal balance in the digestive tracts, thus controlling the acidity too.
- It provides support to gastrointestinal tracts during digestion.
1-2 tablets of DGL can be use daily, or as recommended by your health care practitioner.